In this summer’s issue of Randy Alcorn’s Eternal Perspectives magazine, he lists six biblical principles for living every day in light of eternity.
- There are only two eternal destinations—heaven or hell—and I and every person I know will go to one or the other (Matthew 7:13-14).
- This world (as it is now) is not my home and everything in it will burn, leaving behind only what’s eternal (2 Pet. 3:10-12).
- My choices and actions in this life have a direct influence on the world and the life to come (Rev. 22:12).
- My life is being examined by God, the Audience of One, and the only appraisal of my life that will ultimately matter is His (Rom. 14:12).
- God is sovereign, and I can trust that He is working all things—including the most difficult things—in my life together for good (Rom. 8:28).
- My ultimate home will be the New Earth, where I will see and enjoy God and serve Him as a resurrected being in a resurrected human society (2 Pet. 3:13)
Are you living each day in light of your eternal destiny? Truths like these mediated upon first thing in your day will certainly help.